Frédéric Séguin, 29 years old, photographer born and based in Montreal. International Business graduate from HEC Montreal, currently doing a Master's degree in Management of International Development and Humanitarian Action and former co-founder of the organization Shoot to Help.
On April 26th 2015, I was a witness and almost a victim of the earthquake in Nepal. In this tension of fear and consternation, the solidarity and resilience of the Nepalese people were a catalyst for my work. This human hope through so much distress opened my eyes on the duality of every situation.
Since this experience in Nepal, I have oriented my work on documentary photography, always trying to show human beings with its dignity in difficult situations. I have also worked covering the refugee crisis in Lebanon in Europe for the past three years. My most recent projects were about the cultural and landscape transformation in Tibet.
- Yearly masterclass with Magnum Photos Sohrab Hura. Photocircle, Kathmandu, Nepal. (Second part in 2018)
- Three days Masterclass with AFP photographer Philippe Desmazes, Chicoutimi, Canada.
- Press photography workshop with Jacques Nadeau, photographer at newspaper Le Devoir, Université de Montréal. Montréal, Canada.
- International Development Management and Humanitarian Action Master degree, Université Laval, Canada.
- International Business and Sustainable Development Degree, HEC Montréal, Canada.
- Exchange Program, Software Engineering, Czech Technical University, Prague, Czech Republic
RÉPLIQUE; Éditions Sans G, Montreal
Zoom Photo Festival Saguenay, Relève Québécoise (for Réplique)
Lethbridge Exhibition Centre
Ice Hockey in India
Maison de la culture de Pointes-au-Trembles, Montréal.
Smiles in Exile
Cégep de Terrebonne, Terrebonne
Cégep Montmorency, Laval
Cégep de Chicoutimi, Chicoutimi
Centre d’études collégiales en Charlevoix, La Malbaie
Cégep André Laurendeau, Montréal
Cégep de Saint-Laurent, Montréal
Smiles in Exile - Úsměvy v exilu
Galerie Langhans, Prague, Czech Republic
Eyes of Nepal
Saint-Hippolyte Library, Saint-Hippolyte
Georges Laoun Opticien, Montréal
Resto-Loft Fibo, Vieux-Montréal
Freeze-frames of Nepal
(group with Benoit Aquin and Kiran Ambwani), Gèsu, Montréal, Canada.