Frédéric Séguin, 28 years old, photographer born and based in Montreal. International Business graduate from HEC Montreal and former co-founder of the organization Shoot to Help. After having explored more than 35 countries and lived abroad, throughout the years, I have come to realize the power of human eyes.
Through them, the authenticity of the emotions took an ever increasing important part of my artistic approach. On April 26th 2015, I was a witness and almost a victim of the earthquake in Nepal. In this tension of fear and consternation, the solidarity and resilience of the Nepalese people were a catalyst for my work. This human hope through so much distress opened my eyes on the duality of every situation.
Since this experience in Nepal, I have oriented my work on documentary photography, always trying to show human beings with its dignity in difficult situations. My recent works have been focused on the refugee crisis in Lebanon in Europe for the past three years.
Returning to my past projects – one of my trademarks – is a mean to analyze the effects of time on people and places. Photography is a timeless medium, constrained to a tiny glimpse of a lifetime can also be used to reflect on the stories happening between two moments in time.
- Four days’ workshop with Magnum Photos Sohrab Hura. Photocircle, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Three days Masterclass with AFP photographer Philippe Desmazes, Chicoutimi, Canada.
- Press photography workshop with Jacques Nadeau, photographer at newspaper Le Devoir, Université de Montréal. Montréal, Canada.
- International Development Management and Humanitarian Action Master degree, Université Laval, Canada.
- International Business and Sustainable Development Degree, HEC Montréal, Canada.
- Exchange Program, Software Engineering, Czech Technical University, Prague, Czech Republic
RÉPLIQUE; Éditions Sans G, Montreal
Lethbridge Exhibition Centre
Smiles in Exile
Cégep de Terrebonne, Terrebonne
Cégep Montmorency, Laval
Cégep de Chicoutimi, Chicoutimi
Centre d’études collégiales en Charlevoix, La Malbaie
Cégep André Laurendeau, Montréal
Cégep de Saint-Laurent, Montréal
Smiles in Exile - Úsměvy v exilu
Galerie Langhans, Prague, Czech Republic
Eyes of Nepal
Saint-Hippolyte Library, Saint-Hippolyte
Georges Laoun Opticien, Montréal
Resto-Loft Fibo, Vieux-Montréal
Freeze-frames of Nepal
(group with Benoit Aquin and Kiran Ambwani), Gèsu, Montréal, Canada.