Frédéric Séguin, 29 years old, documentary photographer born and based in Montreal. At the dawn of April 26, 2015, he witnessed the earthquakes in Nepal. In this tensed period of both fear and consternation, a people's solidarity and resilience in the face of this tragedy have had a catalytic effect on his work. Since this experience in Nepal, Frédéric has been involved full-time in documentary photography, trying to present the human through events with his personal touch and vision. In addition to returning to Nepal several times, he also covered the Syrian refugee crisis in Europe and the Middle East from 2015 to 2017.
His projects were exhibited in Quebec and internationally in photography festivals and exhibitions. His work on Nepal was published in a photo book, Réplique, in March 2018 and the one on the refugee crisis is the subject of a feature-length documentary film to be released in the autumn of 2019. His most recent projects focus on the transformation of identity and geography in Tibet related to the Chinese presence and is also specialised in humanitarian and development project photography with various NGOs.
He holds a degree in International Affairs from HEC Montréal and a Master's degree in International Development and Humanitarian Action Management from Université Laval. He has also taken part in multiple workshops with established photographers including Sohrab Hura from Magnum, Ron Haviv from VII and Anita Kemkha. He has recently been elected on the executive committee of News Photographers Association of Canada and is in charge of workshops and aspect of Canada’s biggest photojournalism festival; Zoom Photo Festival Saguenay.
Member of Hans Lucas.
- Six days masterclass with Anita Khemka; "A day in a life - Kathmandu", Nepal.
- Yearly masterclass with Magnum Photographer Sohrab Hura. Photocircle, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Three days Masterclass with AFP photographer Philippe Desmazes, Chicoutimi, Canada.
- Press photography workshop with Jacques Nadeau, photographer at newspaper Le Devoir, Université de Montréal. Montréal, Canada.
- International Development Management and Humanitarian Action Master degree, Université Laval, Canada.
- International Business and Sustainable Development Degree, HEC Montréal, Canada.
- Exchange Program, Software Engineering, Czech Technical University, Prague, Czech Republic
RÉPLIQUE; Éditions Sans G, Montreal
Zoom Photo Festival Saguenay, Relève Québécoise (for Réplique)
3Doors, Lethbridge Exhibition Centre
Ice Hockey in India, Maison de la culture de Pointes-au-Trembles, Montréal.
Smiles in Exile, presented in nine Colleges around Quebec
Smiles in Exile - Úsměvy v exilu, Galerie Langhans, Prague, Czech Republic
Eyes of Nepal, Saint-Hippolyte Library, Saint-Hippolyte ,Georges Laoun Opticien, Montréal
Freeze-frames of Nepal, with Benoit Aquin and Kiran Ambwani, Gèsu, Montréal, Canada.